You are likely to forget your WiFi password since we prefer to connect it once and ultimately forget about it. Consequently, when your guests arrive, you will be forced to answer the most challenging question: what is the password to your WiFi network? This is the point at which you hate yourself for not having it written down in your secret journal or anything along those lines. What if we told you that you could avoid answering this uncomfortable question? There are various methods for discovering the WiFi password of any stored network or router across a variety of systems. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of checking the WiFi password on several platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X computers. And so, without further ado, let’s get started.
On macOS Laptops:
Additionally, there is a means to discover the passwords of wireless networks on Mac. Keychain Access is a feature of the operating system that allows you to access your keychain. The software maintains track of all of the passwords that you have saved on your macOS computer. You can quickly find out the WiFi password of any WiFi network that has been linked to your MacBook or Mac by using the program. For Mac users, here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to check for WiFi passwords.
- On your Mac, launch the Keychain Access application.
- A password is an option that may be found on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on it.
- After that, you’ll need to input the network’s name for which you’d want to get the password information. After that, double-click on the network name to connect to it.
- There will be a pop-up window that will display the network’s configuration information. Select Show Password from the drop-down menu. It is necessary to enter your administrator user credentials into the system.
- Once this is completed, you will be able to see the password for the WiFi network.
Android Mobile Phones:
Android provides a covert method of obtaining WiFi passwords without having to root the device. In some instances, if you have an Android device running version 10 or later, you may be able to read the WiFi passwords of the stored networks on your phone. To do this, you must first complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the WiFi section of the Settings application.
- You will be able to view all of the WiFi networks that you have stored. Choose the gear symbol or the settings icon next to the network’s name to access the network settings.
- There will be an option to share a QR code or tap to share a password on that page.
- You have the option of taking a snapshot of the QR Code. Now, go to the Google Play Store and download a QR scanner programme for your smartphone.
- Open the QR scanner app and scan the QR Code that was created. You will be able to quickly and easily determine the name and password of the WiFi network.
Finding the WiFi password on an iOS device is a time-consuming process. Apple is very protective of its customers’ privacy and security, which is why it is almost hard to get the WiFi passwords for the networks that have been stored on your iPhone. There is, however, a fix for this problem. However, you will want a Macintosh computer to do so. There are no Windows laptops or desktop computers that will work with this instruction. To find out the check WiFi password on iOS if you have a macOS machine, you must first do the following steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and choose the iCloud option. The Keychain option is located there. It’s on by default.
- Turn on Personal Hotspot in Settings next.
- Connect to your iPhone’s hotspot on your Mac now. To find Keychain Access on your Mac, launch Spotlight search (CMD+Space) and put in the hotspot’s network name.
- You may search for a WiFi network by pressing enter, and the password will be shown.
- The network’s specifics will be shown in a pop-up window. Show password by clicking on it. If you are an administrator, the system will ask for your credentials.
- Upon completion, you will be allowed to access the WiFi network’s password.